The photos above shows one of the many reasons why people enjoy living in Montreal or want to move to / immigrate to Canada. This city has a historic cultural dynamism that makes it unique in Canada, its proximity to the business centres of the North Eastern US and the its European connections, give it extra attractiveness as a place to do business.
Photographer Chris Campese notes: "... [the photo above] taken in May  from Mont Royal and the second [on the top right with the yellow ribbons] from the Old Port. A bientôt."
See also photo of Montreal's Museum building
- The population of the Montréal Québec Metropolitan Area in
2001 Census was 3,426,350 an increase from the 1996 population of 3,326,447
- In the 2011 Canada Census the city of Montreal · Montréal Ville, had a population of 1,649,519 up from
1,620,693 in the 2006 census and up from 1,039,534 in 2001 [with the Province of Québec total of 7,903,001 om 2011 up from 7,546,131 in 2006 and up from 7,237,479 in 2001] and a growth from the 1996 census number of 1,016,376
[data from Statistics Canada · Statistique Canada www.statcan.ca 2015.09.26 ]
- McGill University Library: Montreal Maps Online
- Maps of Vieux Montréal · Old Historic District of Montreal online
- Ríseau des bibliothìques publiques de Montréal - Montreal Public Library
site only available in French-Français
Sample views / photos of Montreal Canada
Provenance of photo to the left, showing a panoramic view of Montreal with the river in the background is courtesy of Christopher Campese, taken in 2006. He currently studying linguistics in Montreal and is a generous photos contributor for Metrotown.info's Montreal city section.
Contributing travel correspondence & stories
Metrotown.info welcomes Christopher Campese as a contributor-correspondent to its site content development in Sept. 2006 !
Reference Web Info About Montreal
- See also photo of Montreal's Museum building
- If you like the photos on this page, take a look of sample photos taken in Italy by Christopher Campese, such as
(update in process 2017.09.21 )
Canada Immigration to Montreal, Quebec
Do you want help to immigrate to Canada and settle in Montreal?
Mary Keyork, LLB, LLM
Immigration, Citizenship and Refugee Lawyer, fluent in English, French and Armenian; also has conversational abilities in Spanish.
Canada, H2J 2L2
Toll- Free: 1-855-281-5500