City of Vancouver / Metro Vancouver Region formerly known as GVRD Population
The City of Vancouver had a population of
603,502 in 2011 (up fr. 578,041 in 2006 and 545,671 in 2001) [Census data from Statistics Canada www.statscan.ca] in an
Land area 114.67 square kilometers. The Province of British Columbia's total population was 4,113,487
(up fr. 3,907,738 in 2001) spread
over an area of 926,492.48 square kilometers.
The Metro Vancouver Region formerly known as "Greater Vancouver Regional District" GVRD had a population
of 2,313,328 (in the 2011 Census - up from 2,116,581 in 2006 up from 1,986,965 in 2001).
Members of the Greater Vancouver Regional District included the cities / municipalities of:
- The City of Burnaby [in which MetroTown Mall and Metropolis at Metrotown Mall make up BC's largest
shopping and entertainment complex] had a population of 223,218 in 2011 (up from 202,799 in 2006 and 193,954 in 2001).
- The City of Coquitlam had a population of 114,565 in 2006, up from 112,890 in 2001.
- The City of Richmond [where the Vancouver International Airport YVR.ca is located] had a population of
190,473 in 2011 census (up from 174,461 in 2006 and increase from the
164,345 in the 2001 census.)
- The City of North Vancouver had a population of 48,196 in 2011 census (up fr. 45,165 in 2005, which was up from 44,303 in 2001 census)
- The District North Vancouver [District municipality] had a population of 84,412 in 2011 census (up from 82,562 in 2005, up from 82,310 in 2001).
- The City of Surrey had a population of 468,251 in 2011 census (up fr. 394,976 in 2006 - which was a 13.6% increase from the 347,825 in 2001).
- The City of New Westminster had a population of 58,549 in 2005, a 7.1% increase from the 54,656 in 2001.
- see Map of GVRD including other municipalities not mentioned above.
The Port of Vancouver is North America's gateway for Asia-Pacific trade.
It is large by world standards.
In the World, it ranks:
#26 in total cargo volume *
#11 in productivity +
#49 in total container throughput @
In North America, it ranks:
#1 in total foreign exports *
#3 in total foreign trade *
#6 in total cargo volume*
#9 in total container throughput @
On the West coast it ranks:
#1 in total cargo volume *
#1 in total foreign trade *
#1 in total foreign exports *
#6 in total container throughput @
In Canada it ranks:
#1 in total cargo handled
#1 in total container throughput
* - AAPA, 1998 data
@ - Ports & Harbours, 1999 data
+ Wall Street Journal, July 9, 2001
cited from www.portvancouver.com/media/port_facts.html
City Hall home page www.city.vancouver.bc.ca
Market advisory service www.trendvue.com by Vancouver's Teresa Lo
Tourism Vancouver - Greater Vancouver Convention & Visitors Bureau
- YVR Vancouver International Airport www.yvr.ca
flight information, airport guide, airport authority, flight planners...
- Floatplane Services to Vancouver to Victoria
Harbor to harbor daily floatplane services www.westcoastair.com
- Helicopter-Helijet Services Vancouver to: Victoria & Seattle
- BC Ferry Schedules - Vancouver to: Victoria, Nanaimo, Sunshine Coast etc.
phone toll free in BC 1-888-233-3779 for schedule information
- MISC - see also Vancouver's Cambie Boulevard Heritage Society comments on plans to build
rapid transit line though Cambie St / Boulevard Cambie Street Rapid Transit route also see
Environment Canada www.weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca
fee based phone service with forecaster "Weather one-on-one"
Greater Vancouver Municipalities
Burnaby, B.C. Canada
· City of Burnaby Services www.city.burnaby.bc.ca
· see also MetroTown shopping malls, entertainment & sports complexes
· location of special services: Electronic Arts,
Simon Fraser University, B.C. Institute of Technology ...
Richmond, B.C. Canada
· City of Richmond, B.C. Canada www.city.richmond.bc.ca
· location of YVR Vancouver International Airport www.yvr.ca
- If you're looking for an experienced lawyer or notary public to consult or handle your legal needs in Vancouver for such things as:
Consider some of these Vancouver lawyers, law firms and notaries
- business contracts and start-up consultation
- personal injury compensation or defense
- labor-labour administrative law
- wills estates and trusts
- immigration to Canada as an "entrepreneur" applicant
- real estate conveyancing
- Street Map of Granville Street shopping area known as "The Granville Rise aka "South Granville" neighborhood.
This map covers the Granville Bridge & Granville Island to the North - Arbustus Street to the West - Sophia St. / Quebec St. to the East - and -
18th Ave. to the South.
- BC's largest shopping mall & entertainment / recreation complex
MetroTown & Neighborhood in Burnaby
Metro Law Office lawyers in Metropolis at Metrotown Mall in Burnaby
- Cooking utensils, kitchenware, diningware & home accessoriies specialty goods
- Motiv Designs Inc. & Ming Wo Ltd.
3 generations of family tradition in serving Vancouver's families and cooks
Retail stores in: Vancouver, West Vancouver and Richmond
- Specialty Vancouver BookStores
- Vancouver Virtual Shopping and Visitor Guides
- see the librarians guide to Downtown Vancouver visitors' attractions, accommodations & restaurants including range of hotels, inns, bed & breakfast homes | cafes, bakeries, restaurants | art galleries, museums, shops |
- see also www.discovervancouver.com
"Discover Vancouver is an online guide to Canada's coolest city.
You will find information and links to great Vancouver resources including tourist attractions and accommodations as well as restaurants and nightlife. You will also find quirky Vancouver facts and tidbits of Vancouver's storied history." [from website 2003/03/02]
| Map of Vancouver Downtown & False Creek
| Better Business Bureaus
| Chambers of Commerce
| Vancouver City Hall - Municipal Services
| Chambers of Commerce
| Legal Services
| Health Services
| Vancouver Libraries-Archives-Museums
| Port Authority
| Vancouver Tourism Bureau
| Weather | MetroTown.info |
- see also
Port of Vancouver
- "North America's gateway for Asia-Pacific trade"
Vancouver Board of Trade
Greater Vancouver Boutique Law Firms & Lawyers
Web Hosting · Business Web Sites · Business Solutions
- eHosting.ca / Mecca.ca is a TuCows affiliate - based in Vancouver it offers full
spectrum of web hosting solutions for businesses, from the SOHO micro-business, to full co-location
24x7 technical support - these folks are based in Vancouver, they are bandwidth and personalized service specialists!
affiliated with the famous CoffeeCup.com software development group in Texas, USA - if you are looking for a web hosting solution and packages that include some of the best web development software for small business web development, check these folks out!
friendly, competent corporate web hosting and dial-up services, headquarters in Victoria, BC, and serving western Canada
great 24 hour live phone support, based in Atlanta, USA
with dialup / hi-speed be access services across Canada - n.b. Uniserve has acquired Axion.com and Intergate.ca and the former PacificCoast.net
in Vancouver, BC Canada
Uniserve is a full service internet connection and web hosting service.
Canada's original dot.CA domain registrar, based in Vancouver, BC. WebNames.ca is not only the largest registrar of dot.CA
domain names in Canada, it also provides a full range of corporate web hosting services.
re Transit Development
Vancouver Learning / Education / Training Resources
- Employment Equity / Work Place Harassment / Anti-Racism Consultants
consultanting associates have been used by MetroVancouver agencies such as: School Boards, Police Departments, Community Social Services etc. for over 25 years.
"Frame & Associates has been providing clients with a variety of consulting services related to employment equity, diversity, conflict resolution, and harassment prevention since 1992. The firm was founded because of the need for better understanding of workplace issues that can have a profound impact on both employees and organizations."
- Adult continuing education
Vancouver School Board Continuing Adult Education Courses
- Colleges & University-Colleges
- Tech &Trade schools
B.C.I.T. - BC Institute of Technology based in Burnaby on Willingdon Ave. and Canada Way
Photo credits: the 2 fashion models on our top banner are showing work of designer April Yau, at Vancouver Trade and Convention 2000
PHONE & RELATED SERVICES
- ALTERNATIVE LONG DISTANCE PHONE SERVICES
- Bell Communications
- CELL PHONE PROVIDERS
- Bell Mobility
- FIDO Cell Phones
- Rogers - AT&T
- Telus Mobility
- Verizon Cell Phones
- LONG DISTANCE PHONE CARDS
available almost at every corner convenience store
the better cards get you 3 hours of long distance calling time e.g. from BC to
Page Sponsors Credits
Relocating-Immigrating to Vancouver? Looking for an Intra Company Transfer or NAFTA Work Visa?
Consider Canada's Immigration & Business Lawyers and Regulated Canada Immigration Consultants (RCIC) CanadaVisaLaw.com
Lawyers and legal consultants speak: English, Mandarin & Cantonese Chinese, and. We have had clients from over 65 countries.
Return to MetroTown.info Cities & Towns HOME PAGE