The above HONG KONG outline map shows the general coastline, peninsulas and islands that make up
this great world class port city and one of China's major business gateways.
Map features include:
- Photos showing the downtown business convention centre (taken from across the harbor) and surrounding buildings.
Map photos include downtown business district modern office towers - by Tony Yau, well known Hong Kong
business graphic designer and cartoonist.
- Our city guide and page sponsor is ANJOLICO, the wireless-web-cartoon cat, who just returned from the
2004 Olympics in Athens and is supporting the preparation of Chinese athletes for the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
- see animated cartoons of Anjolico in different at Olympic events [remember to
click on each of the images to start the animation]
- Anjolico's map image shows him about to eat his favorite hot pot meal at one of his many favorite
Hong Kong street restaurants
- see also night photo of street restaurant food on a cold night.
- see also Anjolico promoting handwashing for children as a hygiene practice / good habit, this animation was developed at the height of the
SARS epidemic in 2003.
- For residents of Hong Kong, you'll recognize Anjolico, as a weekly feature on a number of
online and print publications e.g. Sing Tao Newspaper and the Job Market web publication
- Anjolico's weekly cartoon strips provide great insights into office worker behavior and developing good work habits
and interpersonal skills through humor and fun situations.
- Outline of coastline by Weller Cartographic [map making & design] Services Ltd., Angus Weller has worked with
Chinese tourism, immigration, map-publishing companies for over 20 years, and designed the maps used in the well known
Vancouver Chinese Immigrant NEW COMERS MAP BOOK published by Bauhinea Press.
- Travelers Guides to Hong Kong can be found at:
The Lonely Planet's introduction starts with... "
Hong Kong has the big city specials like smog, odour, 14 million elbows and an insane love of clatter. But it's also efficient, hushed and peaceful: the transport network is excellent, the shopping centres are sublime, and the temples and quiet corners of parks are contemplative oases.
As usual this web site is full of useful and fun places to visit and includes a many maps.
article by Jan Morris in National Geographic Magazine online at
Morris begins the 2001 article with the words "
Hong Kong is our century exemplified—historically, ethnically, architecturally,
socially, economically, aesthetically and, above all, sensually. It is a place you feel.
Founded by Europeans, developed by Asians, governed by Chinese, designed and run by entrepreneurs, architects, economists, and adventurers from the four corners of the world, in its streets and waterways you may sense the turning of the Earth itself.
click on the link above and read this article in its entirety as well as see other great photos and information about China from National Geographic Magazine
CHINA BUSINESS ·GOVERNMENT ·TOURIST INFORMATION
Travel & Tourism in China
Hong Kong Tourism
- "China Online the information network for China
- ChinaSite.com "the complete reference to China/Chinese-related web sites" (large directory of diverse links!)
- Yahoo's Chinese-China Portal ¶®ªê¤¤¤å chinese.yahoo.com
- Introductory overviews of China the Country
Chinese Legal Resources on the Net-Web
Government - Ministries & Departments, People's Republic of China
Chinese Universities & Educational Resources
Chinese Children's Animation-Cartoon Illustrators
- Hong Kong - Yahoo's E-cards - section by Tony Yau, Hong Kong graphic designer, and creative content consultant
- Business News
see new web site of Jastram.cn Shanghai Representative Office of Jastram marine hydraulic steering and
electronic steering control systems in Canada and Jastram manoeuvring-steering-dynamic positioning equipment [e.g. bow thrusters,
ice rudders] in Hamburg, Germany. Serving China's marine ship building industry.
- Shanghai Library: Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of Shanghai www.library.sh.cn/new-eng/guide/ydzn/index.htm
- SARS Information Centers for Disease Control & WHO [World Health Organization] links
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Hong Kong China & Vancouver Graphic Designers · Creative Consultants ·
Book Illustrators · Cartographers · MapMakers for Business Marketing
Canadian businesses doing business in Asia? China-Asian businesses wanting to
expand to English speaking North American market on line - consider the following graphics
professionals with experience in corporate brand development and marketing in print, TV and Web media.
- Hong Kong & Canadian-Chinese corporate graphic designers · illustrators · creative director in Hong Kong, China
Tony Yau BFA, MVA (Bachelor of Fine Arts & Master of Visual Arts from
York University, Toronto and University of Alberta, Edmonton) - has designed web and print media/sites for Xerox-Fuiji, Hong Kong Telecom,
Ikea furniture etc.
Sample work in 2003-2004 for Chinese speaking audiences include:
- Tony has also been the creative director for TV advertising commercials and web sites for Vancouver, Real Estate Developers and
realtors e.g. Anson Realty (in the late 1990's)
- A recent venture into children's animated graphics and toy marketing can be seen at PublicSigns.com.hk a children's e-card
- Canada's PDF maps and cartographic / map-making-design specialist
- Children's Books Illustrator and Interior Designer in Vancouver
Christine Wong CarrotStick.ca
see samples of her color pencil drawings and other illustration work for preschool and young children's art
appreciation development classes
held at The Crystal Mall,
Vancouver's newest, largest, centrally located, Asian-Chinese shopping mall in the metrotown area of Burnaby.
- Christine's education includes training at Hong Kong Polytechnic and in Vancouver's BCIT, a gifted illustrator-designer inspired by her 3 young
children and supportive husband.
China-Canada Immigration-Business Consultants Fluent in Mandarin, Cantonese & English
Mona Chan, LLB, Cantonese and Mandarine Speaking Vancouver Lawyer
- Law Degree, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
- Experience working with staff-officers, Citizenship & Immigration Canada in Canada and China (PRC)
- Extensive NGO and small business experience in Vancouver's historic Chinese-overseas community
- Experienced ranges from textiles-fashion industry to hi-technolgy network building & communications industry
- Founder-Publisher of CanonsofConstruction.com University of Alberta Law Students
- Producer of Law Show 2004, Edmonton, Alberta
- Undergrad studies at SFU and UBC in biochemistry
Mona Chan, LLB, Barrister & Solicitor
Law & Associates
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
China · Canada · USA Business & Immigration Consultants
Promoting Hong Kong and China Business Tourism Services
- Chan's China-Canada Information Services
for Vancouver, Beijing ...
Mona Chan, LLB
Australia Tourism Services
Honolulu, Hawaii City Government & Health Services
South Pacific Manus Island Tourism
Business Disaster-Emergency Planning
English & Chinese Ethnic Language TV & Radio Services in Canada
- www.cbc.ca CBC national TV
multi-lingual programming e.g. China Satellite News, Taiwan Satellite News, Canada News and programs in
Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese etc.
- www.fairchildtv.com primarily a Cantonese
TV and Shaw cable service in Vancouver with special coverage of Canada's Chinese immigrant communities in Vancouver and Toronto news as well as
international news coverage, eg. through Hong Kong Satellite News
- Radio Stations AM 1470
- Radio Stations FM 96.1
Web Search Engine Optimizers
How "findable" is your business-organization web site?
The best looking web site in the world that is not seen, is not a good return on your investment.
Visit NetPac.com - helping Pacific Rim small businesses, libraries & non-profit organizations achieve high
search engine rankings since 1995.
China and APEC 1997 - Vancouver
- Speech by President Jiang Zemin,
At Dinner Hosted by Mayor of Vancouver, Canada - during APEC 1997
Vancouver Special Librarians' Guide For Visitors 1997-2004
to downtown hotels, restaurants and visitor attractions
Promoting Canada Business & Tourism Services
Canada Work Permits-Visas, Intracompany Transfer & NAFTA Work Permits
CANADA Business · Government · Tourist Information
- Canada Business Information - STRATEGIS
- Sponsored by the Government of Canada
- Canada Business Service Centres
- Sponsored by the Government of Canada
- Canada's Laws · Legislation · Courts
- Introductory directory of Federal and Provincial information sources
- Provincial Business Service Centres
- Canada Export Information
- Sponsored by the Government of Canada
- Employers Online-Web Resource
- Sponsored by Government of Canada,
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada
- Directories of Canada Immigration Lawyers
- Canada Business & Immigration Lawyers
- CanadaVisaLaw.com in Vancouver, BC
Lawyers, attorneys, notaries & business consultants with over 20 years of immigration service experience helping clients from over 50 countries.
Professionals fluent in English, Mandarin Chinese, Taiwanese Chinese, Cantonese Chinese, Arabic and Polish
Web Hosting · Business Web Sites · Business Solutions
- eHosting.ca aka Mecca.ca
is a TuCows affiliate [see mecca.tucows.com]. They offer
a full spectrum of web hosting solutions for businesses, from the SOHO micro-business, to full co-location 24 x 7 technical support - these folks are based in Vancouver, they are bandwidth and personalized service specialists!
- Return to www.MetroTown.info