CHINA BUSINESS· GOVERNMENT· TOURISM INFORMATION
- Travel & Tourism in China
- 中華人民共和國香港特別行政區政府 The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China
- China and APEC 1997
- Speech by President Jiang Zemin,
At Dinner Hosted by Mayor of Vancouver, Canada - during APEC 1997
- China Portal-Information-Directories
- "China Online the information network for China
- ChinaSite.com "the complete reference to China/Chinese-related web sites" (large directory of diverse links!)
- Introductory overviews of China the Country
- Chinese Legal Resources on the Net-Web
Government - Ministries & Departments, People's Republic of China
Chinese Universities & Educational Resources
Hong Kong Tourism & Business Promotion Services
Chinese Children's Animation-Cartoon Illustrators
- Hong Kong - Yahoo's E-cards - section by Tony Yau, Hong Kong graphic designer, and creative content consultant
Shanghai, China Manufacturing Services
- Marine Steering Equipment - Shanghai Representative Offices of Jastram Engineering and www.jastram.CN
Shanghai, China Maps Services
- Map Shanghai Regional Map in pdf format 312 k.
- Business News
see new web site of Jastram.cn Shanghai, China Representative Office of Jastram marine hydraulic steering and
electronic steering control systems in Canada and Jastram manoeuvring-steering-dynamic positioning equipment [e.g. bow thrusters,
ice rudders] in Hamburg, Germany. Serving China's marine ship building industry.
- SARS Information
Centers for Disease Control & WHO [World Health Organization] links
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
China-Canada Immigration-Business Consultants Fluent in Mandarin, Cantonese & English
Mona K. Chan, LLB
- Lawyer with background in Canada Immigration Services Consulting
- Called to Bar in BC, member of the Law Society of BC
- Law Degree, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
- Experience working with staff-officers, Citizenship & Immigration Canada in Canada and China (PRC)
- Extensive NGO and small business experience in Vancouver's historic Chinese-overseas community
- Experienced ranges from textiles-fashion industry to hi-technolgy network building & communications industry
- Founder-Publisher of CanonsofConstruction.com University of Alberta Law Students web publication
- Producer of Law Show 2004, Edmonton, Alberta
- Undergrad studies at SFU and UBC in biochemistry
Mona K. Chan, LLB
Law & Associates, barristers & solicitors
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Canada Immigration Lawyers | IntraCompany Transfers | Work Permits |
NAFTA Permits | Entrepreneur & Investor Immigrants | Study Visa-Permits
Jeffery S. Lowe, Canada Business-Immigration Lawyer, Vancouver BC
Jeffery S. Lowe heads the Business Immigrant Team and the Global HR Team of Lowe & Company. This firm has helped
individuals and businesses in over 50 countries immigrate, do business and handle their intracompany transfer needs
e.g. through NAFTA work permits and visas to Canada.
Visit www.canadavisalaw.com for a wealth of information about Canada's Citizenship and Immigration programs.
Jeffery and his team of lawyers, notaries and relocation specialists are fluent in: English, Mandarin Chinese, Cantonese Chinese, Teo Chiu Chinese, Polish, and Arabic.
Jeffrey S. Lowe
barrister & solicitor, B.Comm., LLB
Lowe and Company
#900 - 777 West Broadway,
Vancouver, BC, V5Z 4J7
phone: (604) 875-9338 fax: (604) 875-1325
This page is in part sponsored by Lowe & Company
CanadaVisalaw.com/home.htm as a public service for people looking for immigration lawyers and services in the Vancouver and South Western BC area.
See also article on "Why Use a Canada Immigration Lawyer to Help Your Application for a Special Work Permit or
Application? Why Not Do-It-Yourself?
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Canadian Business-Corporate Graphic Designers · Creative Consultants ·
Book Illustrators · Cartographers · MapMakers
Canadian businesses doing business in Asia? China-Asian businesses wanting to
expand to English speaking North American market on line - consider the following graphics
professionals with experience in corporate brand development and marketing in print, TV and Web media.
- Canadian - Chinese corporate graphic designer and creative director in Hong Kong, China
Tony Yau BFA, MVA (Bachelor of Fine Arts & Master of Visual Arts from
York University, Toronto and University of Alberta, Edmonton) - has designed web and print media/sites for Xerox-Fuiji, Hong Kong Telecom,
Ikea furniture etc.
Sample work in 2003-2004 for Chinese speaking audiences include:
- Tony has also been the creative director for TV advertising commercials and web sites for Vancouver, Real Estate Developers and realtors e.g. Anson Realty (in the late 1990's)
- A recent venture into children's animated graphics and toy marketing can be seen at PublicSigns.com.hk a children's e-card
- Canadian - S.E. Asian corporate graphic designer and creative director in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; Singapore; and Indonesia
- Canada's PDF maps and cartographic / map-making-design specialist
- Children's Books Illustrator and Interior Designer in Vancouver
Christine Wong CarrotStick.ca
see samples of her color pencil drawings and other illustration work for preschool and young children's art appreciation development classes
held at The Crystal Mall,
Vancouver's newest, largest, centrally located, Asian-Chinese shopping mall in the metrotown area of Burnaby.
- Christine is trained in Hong Kong and Vancouver, a gifted illustrator-designer inspired by her 3 young children and supportive husband.
China · Canada · USA Business & Immigration Consultants
- CHAN'S China-Canada Information Services
for Vancouver, Beijing, ...
Mona Chan, LLB
Promoting Hong Kong and China Business Tourism Services
Australia Tourism Services
Honolulu, Hawaii City Government & Health Services
South Pacific Manus Island Tourism
Promoting Canada Business Tourism Services
Canada Work Permits-Visas, Intracompany Transfer & NAFTA Work Permits
Patents, Trade Marks & Copyright
Provincial Laws & Publications
intro. to provincial government legal information and lawyers services
- Self Counsel Press · Legal & Business Publisher - books for the layman in everyday English
Business Disaster-Emergency Planning
Canada Newspapers on-line
Canada English & Chinese Ethnic Language TV & Radio Services
- www.cbc.ca CBC national TV
multi-lingual programing e.g. China Satellite News, Taiwan Satellite News, Canada News and programs in Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese etc.
- www.fairchildtv.com primarily a Cantonese TV and Shaw cable service in Vancouver with special coverage of Canada's Chinese immigrant communities in Vancouver and Toronto news as well as international news coverage, eg. through Hong Kong Satellite News
- Radio Stations AM 1470
- Radio Stations FM 96.1
eHosting.ca and Mecca.ca
Being a TuCows affiliate [mecca.tucows.com] the famous shareware and web services
network - gives MECCA.ca / eHosting.ca ample experience to provide a full
spectrum of web hosting solutions for businesses, from the SOHO micro-business, to full co-location
24 x 7 (twenty-four hours a day - seven days a week) tech-support - these folks are based in Vancouver, they are bandwidth and personalized service specialists!
Web Search Engine Optimizers
How "findable" is your business-organization web site?
The best looking web site in the world that is not seen, is not a good return on your investment. Visit NetPac.com - helping small businesses and non-profit organizations achieve high search engine rankings since 1995.
CANADA BUSINESS· GOVERNMENT· TOURISM INFORMATION
Canada Business Information - STRATEGIS
Canadian Business Magazines Online
Canada Business Service Centres
Canada's Laws · Legislation · Courts
- Introductory directory of Federal and Provincial information sources
Provincial Business Service Centres
BC Provincial Financial Institutions Adminstration / Enforcement
- "The Financial Institutions Commission (FICOM) is an agency of the provincial government, which administers 10 statutes providing regulatory rules for the protection of the public in the province of British Columbia. ".
See website at www.fic.gov.bc.ca
BC Statutes Areas Administered include:
- Real Estate
- Mortgage Brokers
- Pension Plans
- Credit Unions and Trust Companies
- Strata Property
- CUDIC ("The Financial Institutions Commission (FICOM) is an agency of the provincial government, which administers 10 statutes providing regulatory rules for the protection of the public in the province of British Columbia." fr;
eBusiness Web & Blog Sites
- BC also has an "excellent e-business
information site called eBusiness Connection"
- see also e-Business Website Blog [for BC] e-business commentary, news, and insider tips for small business on a budget.
Canada Export Information
Sponsored by the Government of Canada
Employers Online-Web Resource
Sponsored by Government of Canada
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Directories of Canada Immigration Lawyers
Canada Business & Immigration Lawyers
CanadaVisaLaw.com in Vancouver, BC
Lawyers , attorneys, notaries & Certified Registered Canada Immigration Consultants and business consultants with over 20 years of immigration service experience helping clients from over 50 countries.
Professionals fluent in English, Mandarin Chinese, Taiwanese Chinese, Cantonese Chinese, Arabic and Polish
Read articles about Canada's Immigration Laws & Regulations from CanadaVisaLaw.com
- Canada Work Permits
- NAFTA North American Free Trade Agreement (as it relates to Canada's Work Permits and Business Visitors
Canadian Economic Policy Think Tanks
- C.C. Howe Institute www.cdhowe.org
Since its formation in 1973, the C.D. Howe Institute has earned a reputation as Canada's
most respected independent, nonprofit, economic and social policy research institution. Governments, the media, and Canadians in every region look to the Institute to provide balanced, well-reasoned, and comprehensible analysis of issues of national interest. From the beginning, the recipe for the Institute's success has consisted of equal measures of objectivity, professionalism, and relevance.
[quoted from http://www.cdhowe.org/english/
- The Fraser Institute www.fraserinstitute.ca
COMPETITIVE MARKET SOLUTIONS for PUBLIC POLICY PROBLEMS
As an independent public policy organization, The Fraser Institute focuses
on the role competitive markets play in providing for the economic and social well-being of all Canadians.
[quoted from www.fraserinstitute.ca 2003/07/11]
Internet Web Domain Names - Canada
- www.webnames.ca the original .CA
domain name registrar of Canadian domain names
Web Hosting · Business Web Sites · Business Solutions
- eHosting.ca aka Mecca.ca is a TuCows affiliate
[see mecca.tucows.com]. They offer
a full spectrum of web hosting solutions for businesses, from the SOHO micro-business, to full co-location 24x7 technical support - these folks are based in Vancouver, they are bandwidth and personalized service specialists!
with dialup services across Canada
associated with Axion.com and Intergate.ca
in Vancouver, BC Canada
Uniserve is a full service internet connection and web hosting service.
Canada's original dot.CA domain registrar, based in Vancouver, BC. WebNames.ca is not only the largest registrar of dot.CA
domain names in Canada, it also provides a full range of corporate web hosting services.
Telephone - Long Distance Services
- Bell Mobility
- Telus Mobility
Return to www.MetroTown.info