Featuring traditional & contemporary Chinese watercolor paintings by
May Ip-Lam as well works in other paint media by acclaimed artists such as:
- Vern Simpson
- Eleanor Kobley
- Lois Shannon
- Francis Baskerville
- Matthew Hutton
The art gallery not only features original artists works but also provides
special order [sometimes while-you-wait] authorized high quality reproductions on a range of
media backing, e.g. archival papers, canvas etc. by our own technical print experts.
The gallery is located in the precints of North America's oldest
functioning Chinatown in Victoria BC. which forms part of the historic
"Old Town" district.
See our street map of Victoria, click here, showing proximity to the picturesque
Innter Harbor, and shops and malls of Government & Douglas Streets.
- Alcheringa Gallery
Contemporary Pacific Tribal Art
"Alcheringa Gallery; exhibitions of fine tribal art by Northwest Coast, Aboriginal Australian, and Papua New Guinea artists" [quote fr. website 041118]
665 Fort Street
Victoria, BC, Canada
TEL: (250) 383-8224
- Art Gallery of Greater Victoria
1040 Moss St.
- The Gallery on Herald
"an intimate and courageous gallery located in the heart of Victoria's Design District, where many of the area artists live and work " [quote fr. web site description 041118]
545 Herald Street
Victoria BC V8W 1S5
- Avenue Gallery
2184 Oak Bay Ave.
Caswell Lawrence Find Art
1014 Broad St.
- Community Arts Council of Greater Victoria
"advocacy organization that works to promote awareness of the arts, and to ensure that the arts remain a
priority in municipal and provincial government planning and budgets."
G6 - 1001 Douglas Street
- Dales Gallery
537 Fisgard St. (Chinatown)
- Fran Willis Gallery
#200 - 1619 Store St.
- Maltwood Art Gallery - University of
University Centre Building
- May Ip-Lam Gallery
Website: www.metrotown.info Victoria Chinese watercolor artist
- November 2004 - January 2005 · Chinese brush paintings by May Ip-Lam
- November 2004 · Oil paintings on canvas by Francis Baskerville
- December 2004 · photographs by Matthew Hutton
- January 2005 · digital landscape paintings by James Taggert
655-A Herald Street
MAY IP-LAM GALLERY
655A Herald Street · Victoria, BC Canada V8W 3R6
For our Chinese visitors information, May speaks fluent Mandarin, Cantonese and English. Other associates
at the gallery speak English / Cantonese-Chinese.
Provenance of above image: The above is a scan of a "art card" produced by the art gallery. The image is about
70% of the actual greeting-personal note cards that the gallery sells as a special souvenir-greeting-card. The cards are
reproductions of original watercolors done by May.
Images & content copyright © 2004 May Ip-Lam
More Victoria Sights · Attractions ·
- see ChinaTown Area Chinese & Western Restaurants-Cafe-Pubs Guide
- see Real Estate and Realtors in Victoria
- see City of Victoria business, travel directory
- see Museums and Libraries in Victoria & Vancouver
- see Victoria's Times Colonist Newspaper
and other BC-Canada News online
- see Victoria Lawyers and Legal Directory
- see Greater Victoria Golf Courses
- see Vancouver Downtown Hotel Accommodations and Restaurant Guide
visitors' guide by Teresa Murphy et al [1997-2004]
Home Page Metrotown.info