City of Vancouver / Metro Vancouver Region formerly known as GVRD Population
The City of Vancouver had a population of 631,486 according to the 2016 Census, this was up from 603,502 in the 2011 Census . The Metro Vancouver Region had a population of 2,463,431
in the 2016 Census.
[Census data from Statistics Canada www.statscan.ca] in an
Land area 114.67 square kilometers. The Province of British Columbia's total population was estimated to be 5,034,482 in the 2nd quarter of 2019 (fr. Stats Can https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/t1/tbl1/en/tv.action?pid=1710000901)4,648,055 in 2016 -
(up fr. 4,400,057 in 2011 and 3,907,738 in 2001) spread
over an area of 926,492.48 square kilometers.
The Metro Vancouver Region formerly known as "Greater Vancouver Regional District" GVRD had a population of 2,463,431 in 2016 (up fr. 2,313,328 in the 2011 Census - up from 2,116,581 in 2006 up from 1,986,965 in 2001).
Members of the Metro Vancouver Regiona included the cities / municipalities of:
- The City of Burnaby [in which MetroTown Mall and Metropolis at Metrotown Mall make up BC's largest shopping mall and area of restaurants, central Park & specialty malls
] had a population of 232,755 in 2016 Census [is was 223,218 in 2011 (up from 202,799 in 2006 and 193,954 in 2001)].
- The City of Coquitlam had a population of 139,284 in 2016 Census, up fr. 114,565 in 2006, up from 112,890 in 2001.
- The City of Richmond [where the Vancouver International Airport YVR.ca is located] had a population of 198,309 in 2016 census -
190,473 in 2011 census (up from 174,461 in 2006 and increase from the
164,345 in the 2001 census.)
- The City of North Vancouver had a population of 52,898 in 2016 census - up fr. 48,196 in 2011 census (up fr. 45,165 in 2005, which was up from 44,303 in 2001 census)
- The District North Vancouver [District municipality] had a population of 85,935 according to 2016 census, up fr. 84,412 in 2011 census (up from 82,562 in 2005, up from 82,310 in 2001).
- The City of Surrey had a population of 517,887 according to 2016 census data, up fr. 468,251 in 2011 census (up fr. 394,976 in 2006 - which was a 13.6% increase from the 347,825 in 2001).
- The City of New Westminster had a population of 70,996 in 2016 census, up fr. 65,976 in 20115, and from the 54,656 in 2001.
- see Map of much of Metro Vancouver Region including other municipalities not mentioned above.
City Hall home page https://vancouver.ca/
Tourism Vancouver - Greater Vancouver Convention & Visitors Bureau
- YVR VANCOUVER INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT http://www.yvr.ca/en/passengers
flight information, airport guide, airport authority, flight planners...
- HARBOR AIR SEAPLANES to Vancouver to Victoria
Harbor to harbor daily floatplane services https://www.harbourair.com/
- Helicopter-Helijet Services
Helijet Operates Regularly Scheduled Airline Flights Between
- Vancouver Harbour Heliport and Victoria Harbour Heliport
- Vancouver Harbour Heliport and Nanaimo Harbour Heliport
- Vancouver International Airport and Victoria Harbour Heliport (Monday-Friday, limited flights)
- BC FERRY SCHEDULES - Vancouver to: Victoria, Nanaimo, Sunshine Coast etc.
- MISC - see also Vancouver's Cambie Boulevard Heritage Society comments on plans to build
rapid transit line though Cambie St / Boulevard Cambie Street Rapid Transit route also see
Environment Canada www.weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca
fee based phone service with forecaster "Weather one-on-one"
Greater Vancouver Municipalities
Burnaby, B.C. Canada
· City of Burnaby Services www.city.burnaby.bc.ca
· see also MetroTown shopping malls, entertainment & sports complexes
· location of special services: Electronic Arts,
Simon Fraser University, B.C. Institute of Technology ...
Richmond, B.C. Canada
· City of Richmond, B.C. Canada www.city.richmond.bc.ca
· location of YVR Vancouver International Airport www.yvr.ca
- If you're looking for an experienced lawyer or notary public to consult or handle your legal needs in Vancouver for such things as:
Consider some of these Vancouver lawyers, law firms and notaries
- business contracts and start-up consultation
- personal injury compensation or defense
- labor-labour administrative law
- wills estates and trusts
- immigration to Canada as an "entrepreneur" applicant
- real estate conveyancing
- Street Map of Granville Street shopping area known as "The Granville Rise aka "South Granville" neighborhood.
This map covers the Granville Bridge & Granville Island to the North - Arbustus Street to the West - Sophia St. / Quebec St. to the East - and -
18th Ave. to the South.
- BC's largest shopping mall & entertainment / recreation complex
MetroTown & Neighborhood in Burnaby
Metro Law Office lawyers in Metropolis at Metrotown Mall in Burnaby and Burnaby generally.
- Specialty Vancouver BookStores
| Map of Vancouver Downtown & False Creek
| Better Business Bureaus
| Chambers of Commerce
| Vancouver City Hall - Municipal Services
| Legal Services
| Health Services
| Vancouver Libraries-Archives-Museums
| Port Authority
| Vancouver Tourism Bureau
| Weather | MetroTown.info |
- see also
Port of Vancouver
- "North America's gateway for Asia-Pacific trade"
Vancouver Board of Trade
Greater Vancouver Boutique Law Firms & Lawyers
Web Hosting · Business Web Sites · Business Solutions
- eHosting.ca / Mecca.ca is a TuCows affiliate - based in Vancouver it offers full
spectrum of web hosting solutions for businesses, from the SOHO micro-business, to full co-location
24x7 technical support - these folks are based in Vancouver, they are bandwidth and personalized service specialists!
Canada's original dot.CA domain registrar, based in Vancouver, BC. WebNames.ca is not only the largest registrar of dot.CA
domain names in Canada, it also provides a full range of corporate web hosting services.
Canada Immigration-Business Lawyers & Registered Immigration Consultants
Mandarin, Cantonese, and Japanese
777 West Broadway
Business Immigration Lawyers at Boughton Law Corp. in downtown Vancouver,
service in English, Russian, Mandarin & Cantonese
Over 20 years experience as a personal injury and employment law, workplace law lawyer.
ROSE KEITH, QC
Downtown Office serves Metro Vancouver.
3200 - 650 West Georgia Street
V6B 4P7, Canada
* Local Telephone: 604.895.3911
* Web site: www.harpergrey.com/lawyer/rose-keith
Vancouver Post Secondary - Learning / Education / Training Resources
- U.B.C. The UNIVERSITY OF BRITISH COLUMBIA https://www.ubc.ca/
2329 West Mall
Vancouver, BC Canada V6T 1Z4
Tel (Directory Assistance) 604 822 2211
- VANCOUVER COMMUNITY COLLEGE https://www.vcc.ca/
VCC Downtown campus
250 West Pender Street
Vancouver, B.C. V6B 1S9
Toll free in Canada and U.S.: 1.866.565.7820
VCC Broadway campus
1155 East Broadway
Vancouver, B.C. V5T 4V5
- SIMON FRASER UNIVERSITY S.F.U. https://www.sfu.ca/
Simon Fraser University
515 West Hastings Street
Canada. V6B 5K3
Simon Fraser University
Burnaby Mountain Campus
8888 University Drive
Canada. V5A 1S6
Simon Fraser University
250 - 13450 – 102nd Avenue
Canada. V3T 0A3
- B.C.I.T. BRITISH COLUMBIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY https://www.bcit.ca/
Vancouver BCIT Campus
555 Seymour Street
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6B 3H6 , Canada
Burnaby BCIT Campus
3700 Willingdon Avenue
Burnaby, BC V5G 3H2
- EMILY CARR UNIVERSITY OF ART & DESIGN
520 East 1st Avenue
- CAPILANO UNIVERSITY
CapU Main Campus
2055 Purcell Way
North Vancouver, BC
Tel: 604 986 1911
- KWANTLEN POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY https://www.kpu.ca/
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
12666 72 Ave
- Richmond KPU Campus location -
8771 Lansdowne Rd
- LANGARA COLLEGE
100 West 49th Avenue
Canada V5Y 2Z6
- DOUGLAS COLLEGE https://www.douglascollege.ca/
New Westminster Campus
700 Royal Avenue
New Westminster, BC
1250 Pinetree Way
- see also Vancouver School Board Adult Education Program
- Employment Equity / Work Place Harassment / Anti-Racism Consultants
consultanting associates have been used by MetroVancouver agencies such as: School Boards, Police Departments, Community Social Services etc. for over 25 years.
"Frame & Associates has been providing clients with a variety of consulting services related to employment equity, diversity, conflict resolution, and harassment prevention since 1992. The firm was founded because of the need for better understanding of workplace issues that can have a profound impact on both employees and organizations."
- Adult continuing education
Vancouver School Board Continuing Adult Education Courses
Photo credits: the 2 fashion models on our top banner are showing work of designer April Yau, at Vancouver Trade and Convention 2000
Page Sponsors Credits
Relocating-Immigrating to Vancouver? Looking for an Intra Company Transfer or NAFTA Work Visa?
Consider Canada's Immigration & Business Lawyers and Regulated Canada Immigration Consultants (RCIC) CanadaVisaLaw.com
Lawyers and legal consultants speak: English, Mandarin & Cantonese Chinese, and Japanese. We have had clients from over 65 countries.
Return to MetroTown.info Cities & Towns HOME PAGE